Marigold Flower Extract, Lutein, Xanthophyll, Zeaxanthin
Marigold Extract Lutein Details
Product Name: Marigold Extract Lutein
Herb Source: Tagetes erecta L
Part Used: Flower
Active Ingredients: Lutein (Xanthophyll), Zeaxanthin
Specifications: 10%-90% Lutein
Test Method: HPLC
Appearance: Orange Powder
Lutein Molecular Formula & Molecular Weight: C40H56O2; 568.88
Lutein Structural Formula:
1.Protect eyesight,Lutein was found to be present in a concentrated area of the macula, a small area of retina responsible for central vision.The hypothesis for the natural concentration is that lutein helps protect from oxidative stress and high-energy light. Various research studies shown that a direct relationship exists between lutein intake and pigmentation in the eye.
2.Antioxidant effect, reducing the formation of lipid peroxide; regulation of blood lipids; prevent LDL oxidation, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
3.This Lutein, like zeaxanthin, has primarily been used as a natural colorant due to its orange-red color. Lutein was traditionally used in chicken feed to provide the yellow color of broiler chicken skin. Lutein, also can used in food, but because its limited stability, used also limited.
What Is Marigold Extract with Lutein ?
Marigold extract has benefits foe eyes because of its active ingredients-lutein and zeaxanthin. Lutein is a kind of the most common Carotenoids widely presented in plants especially dark-green leafy vegetables. Lutein is synthesized only by plant itself, xanthophylls is usually found in green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and marigold flower. Lutein acts as modulate light energy and serve as a non-photochemical quenching agents to deal with triplet chlorophyll in plants, which is over produced at very high light levels, during photosynthesis. Lutein is also used as an important natural yellow pigment in our lives due to its color.
Function and Benefits of Marigold Extract with Lutein (Xanthophyll)
1. Marigold extract can Protect eyesight, prevent it from descending. Protect yellow membrane in retina, inhibit macula lutea from degeneration and blurred vision. Anti-oxidation, inhibit harmful free radical from forming. Protect retina, absorb a great quantity blue light which enters our eyes. Marigold extract lutein can lower macular pigment density, cut down the incidence of cataract.
2. Marigold extract has the function of anti-oxidation, inhibit the activity of active oxygen-derived free radicals.
3. Marigold extract inhibit artery wall from thickening and arterial embolism, cut down the oxidation of LDL cholesterol, delay arteriosclerosis.
4. Marigold extract has antitumous effect, it can inhibit breast carcinoma, carcinoma of prostate, rectal cancer, skin cancer, etc.
5. Marigold extract can be used as super ordinary natural pigment, strong tinting power, dosage low, color bright-colored.
Applications of Marigold Extract with Lutein (Xanthophyll)
1. In food field, marigold extract is mainly used as food additives for colorant and nutrient.
2. In pharmaceutical field as raw material, marigold extract is mainly used in vision care products to alleviate visual fatigue, reduce incidence of AMD, retinitis pigmentosa, cataract, retinopathy, myopia, floaters, and glaucoma.
3. In cosmetics, xanthophyll is mainly used as raw material to whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection.
Package & Storage
1. 1-5kg with double plastic container inside/aluminum foil bag outside. 10kg with double plastic container inside/carton outside. 25kg with double plastic container inside/fiber drum outside or it is at your option.
2. Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
3. Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation.
Transport & Payment
1. Small package sent by EMS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
2. Cargo sent by Air or By Sea is all available.
3. Payment available for Western Union, T/T, Paypal, etc.
1. Plant extraction manufactory with factory covers an area of 35000 square maters.
2. Meet your special demand of product specification and demands on capsules, softgels, tablets and powder blendings.
3. Certificates: ISO9001, Kosher, Halal, ISO9001, HACCP, QS, NOP and Chinese Health Food GMP, etc.
4. Our purpose: provide you product with best quality, excellent service and prompt delivery with over 15 years' production and research experiences in high quality natural ingredients.
5. Rich experiences on export business; the products and services have been widely accepted by clients of USA, Europe and Australia, etc.
Every year, our team attends many industry related exhibitions around the world, such as CPHI in Shanghai, China and Spain, Vitafood in Switzerland, Engredea/NPEW in the USA, etc.