Shikimic Acid Details
Product Name: Shikimic Acid
Herb Source: Illicium verum Hook.f.
Part Used: Fruit
Appearance: White Fine Powder
Test Method: HPLC
Molecular Formula & Molecular Weight: C7H10O5;174.15
Shikimic Acid Structural Formula:
Melting Point & Solubility: mp185℃－187℃. Freely soluble in water(18g/100ml), Soly in abs alcohol (2.25g/100m) at 23℃. Practically insoluble in chloroform, benzene and petr ether.
Pharmacology: Shikimic acid is widely used as a chiral building block for the synthesis of pharmaceuticals.It has effect of anti-inflame, anti- thrombus, alleviating pain, and also is intermediate of anti-tumor.
What Is Shikimic Acid ?
Shikimic acid is extracted from the fruit of Illicium verum Hook. f., also called . Shikimic acid, more commonly known as its anionic form shikimate, is an important biochemical metabolite in plants and microorganisms. Its name comes from the Japanese flower shikimic, from which it was first isolated. Shikimic acid powder is a white crystalline compound of non-nitrogenous acid found in various plants naturally, shikimic acid is a precursor of many alkaloids, aromatic amino acids, and indole derivatives. Shikimic acid is widely used as a chiral building block for the synthesis of pharmaceuticals.
Shikimic acid is a key precursor of many alkaloids, aromatic amino acids, indole derivatives, and shikimic acid also be widely used as a chiral building block for the synthesis of pharmaceuticals. Now, it serves as the starting material for Oseltamivir which is a neuraminidase inhibitor used in the treatment and prophylaxis of both influenza A and influenza B.
Functions and Benefits of Shikimic Acid
1. Shikimic acid acts as anti-inflammatory, analgesic.
2. Shikimic acid is also the basis raw materials of combating avian flu.
3. Shikimic acid has the function of anti-inflame, anti-virus, anti-tumor, anti-cancer and easing pain.
4. Shikimic acid can inhibit blood platelet assembling and thrombosis by affecting the metabolism of arachidonic acid.
Applications of Shikimic Acid
1. Shikimic acid can be used as raw materials in the fields of medicine.
2. Shikimic acid can be applied in health care products field.
2. Shikimic acid can be used in food field.
Package & Storage
1. 1-5kg with double plastic container inside/aluminum foil bag outside. 10kg with double plastic container inside/carton outside. 25kg with double plastic container inside/fiber drum outside or it is at your option.
2. Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
3. Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation.
Transport & Payment
1. Small package sent by EMS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
2. Cargo sent by Air or By Sea is all available.
3. Payment available for Western Union, T/T, Paypal, etc.
1. Plant extraction manufactory with factory covers an area of 35000 square maters.
2. Meet your special demand of product specification and demands on capsules, softgels, tablets and powder blendings.
3. Certificates: ISO9001, Kosher, Halal, ISO9001, HACCP, QS, NOP and Chinese Health Food GMP, etc.
4. Our purpose: provide you product with best quality, excellent service and prompt delivery with over 15 years' production and research experiences in high quality natural ingredients.
5. Rich experiences on export business; the products and services have been widely accepted by clients of USA, Europe and Australia, etc.
Every year, our team attends many industry related exhibitions around the world, such as CPHI in Shanghai, China and Spain, Vitafood in Switzerland, Engredea/NPEW in the USA, etc.