Product Name: Quercetin
Other Name: Meletin, Sophoretin, Quercetin Dihydrate
Herb Source: Scphora japonica L.
Part Used: Flower Bud
Appearance: Light Yellow Fine Powder
Specification: 95%, 98%
Test Method: HPLC
Molecular Formula & Molecular Weight: C15H14O9; 338.27
Quercetin Structural Formula:
Melting Point & Solubility: mp 300 °C(lit.), Soluble in glacial aetic acid, in aq alkaline solns with yellow color. Pratically insol in water
Pharmacology: Quercetin may expel phlegm and arrest oughing, it can also be used as antiasthmatic. Quercetin has anticancer activity, inhibits PI3-kinase activity and slightly inhibits PIP Kinase activity, reduces cancer cell growth via type II estrogen receptors. Quercetin may inhibit histamine release from basophils and mast cells. Quercetin may control the spread of certain viruses within the body. Quercetin may help reduce tissue destruction. Quercetin may also be beneficial in the treatment of dysentery, gout, and psoriasis.
What Is Quercetin ?
Quercetin is a plant pigment (flavonoid). It is found in many plants and foods, such as red wine, onions,green tea, apples, berries, Ginkgo biloba, St. John's wort, American elder, and others. Buckwheat and sophora japonica have a large amount of quercetin. People use quercetin as a medicine.
Quercetin dissolved in glacial acetic acid, alkaline aqueous solution was yellow, almost insoluble in water, ethanol solution taste bitter. Quercetin can be used as drugs, has a good expectorant, cough effect, and some asthma. Quercetin also used for lowering blood pressure, increasing capillary resistance, reducing capillary fragility, expansion of coronary artery, Quercetin play the role of the increase in coronary blood flow. For the treatment of chronic bronchitis. Quercetin is usefull of adjuvant therapy in patients with coronary heart disease and hypertension.
Benefits of Quercetin from Sophora Japonica Extract
1. Quercetin dihydrate is a bioflavonoid common in the plant kingdom, especially high in onions, red wine, and green tea. It is one of the most biologically active flavonoids. Quercetin acts as a potent polyphenol antioxidant and immune system modulator. Many of its immune support attributes are enhanced by its synergistic relationship with vitamin C. It is highly active in the skin and lining of the digestive tract.
2. Sophora japonica extract quercetin powder has a stabilizing effect on the immune system, helping various types of immune cells maintain their composure under stress. This helps provide tolerance for irritants such as pollen. It is known to modulate the behavior of the gene signal NF-kappaB, the crucial signal determining how a cell naturally manages stress and inflammation.
3. Quercetin interacts with bones at a fundamental level (NF-kappaB), favorably influencing the behavior of both osteoblasts (bone building cells) and osteoclasts. Quercetin is one more natural compound that assists optimal bone health.
Main Functions of Quercetin
1. Quercetin can expel phlegm and arrest coughing, it has the function of antiasthmatic.
2. Quercetin can lower blood pressure.
3. Quercetin can enhance capillary resistance.
4. Quercetin can blood capillary brittleness,
5. Quercetin can fall hematic fat.
6. Quercetin can dilate coronary artery and increase coronary blood flow.
Application of Quercetin
1. Applied in pharmaceutical field, quercetin powder is usually used as raw material for tablets, capsule and granule to warm the kidney, streng then the spleen and enhance human immunity.
2. Applied in food field, quercetin is mainly used in kinds of beverage, liquor and foods to enhance human immunity and anti-aging.
3. Quercetin can be used in health care and supplement field as raw material.
4. Quercetin can be used in cosmetic field.
Package & Storage
1. 1-5kg with double plastic container inside/aluminum foil bag outside. 10kg with double plastic container inside/carton outside. 25kg with double plastic container inside/fiber drum outside or it is at your option.
2. Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
3. Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation.
Transport & Payment
1. Small package sent by EMS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
2. Cargo sent by Air or By Sea is all available.
3. Payment available for Western Union, T/T, Paypal, etc.
1. Plant extraction manufactory with factory covers an area of 35000 square maters.
2. Meet your special demand of product specification and demands on capsules, softgels, tablets and powder blendings.
3. Certificates: ISO9001, Kosher, Halal, ISO9001, HACCP, QS, NOP and Chinese Health Food GMP, etc.
4. Our purpose: provide you product with best quality, excellent service and prompt delivery with over 15 years' production and research experiences in high quality natural ingredients.
5. Rich experiences on export business; the products and services have been widely accepted by clients of USA, Europe and Australia, etc.
Every year, our team attends many industry related exhibitions around the world, such as CPHI in Shanghai, China and Spain, Vitafood in Switzerland, Engredea/NPEW in the USA, etc.
You Might Also Like
- St. John's Wort Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extrac...
- Wild Yam Extract, Dioscorease Rhizome Extract, Diosc...
- Salicin, Salicin Powder, Salicoside, White Willow Ba...
- Goji Berry Extract, Black Wolfberry Extract, Goji Po...
- Chrysin, Oroxylum Indicum Extract Chrysin Powder
- Daidzein, Soybean Extract, Daidzein Powder, Soy Isof...