Product Name: Genistein
Herb Source: Rhizome of Genista tinctoria Linn and Sophora subprostrata Chun et T.Chen., Fruit of Sophora japonica L.
Part Used: Rhizome, Root
Appearance: Greyish-white Powder
Test Method: HPLC
Molecular Weight & Molecular Formula: C15H10O5; 270.25
Genistein Structural Formula:
Melting Point & Solubility: mp297℃-298℃, Soluble in DMSO, ethanol and the usual organic solvents, in dil alkalies with yellow color. Practically insol in water.
Pharmacology: Anti-carcinogenic activity; anti-oxidant activity; anti-atherosclerosis; functions as Estrogen; reducing Cholesterol and triglyceride Levels; preventing osteoporosis.
What Is Genistein ?
Genistein is a variety of isoflavone which is most active, it is extracted from dry and mature fruit of soybean plant sophora Japonica. It is a pure and single element. It is a compound of heterocycle polyphenol. Genistein is frequently found with the isoflavone daidzein, and together they are considered soy isoflavones.
Genistein can combine with estrogen receptor and have weak estrogen effect. So it is also called phytoestrogen. Genistein is antagonistic to estrogen. It has protective effect or hormone related diseases. Genistein powder can improve and prevent climacteric syndrome and osteoporosis. It can serve as food supplement to be widely used in various healthy food for the middle-aged and old people.
Genistein powder binds to and inhibits protein-tyrosine kinase, thereby disrupting signal transduction and inducing cell differentiation. This agent also inhibits topoisomerase-II, leading to DNA fragmentation and apoptosis, and induces G2/M cell cycle arrest. Genistein exhibits antioxidant, antiangiogenic, and immunosuppressive activities.
Main Functions and Benefits of Genistein
1. Genistein can bind to estrogen receptors, play a weak estrogen-like effects, increas bone density, and prevent bone loss, to treat osteoporosis.
2. Genistein powder has certain anticancer effect, can kill various cancer cells without damaging the normal cells.
3. Genistein have anti-peroxidation activity, can increase the activity of low density lipoprotein receptor, reduce cholesterol levels, accelerated cholesterol removal, to reduce plasma lipid and anti-thrombosis.
4. Genistein has therapeutic potential against liver fibrosis by regulating PDGF and TGFβ1.
Application of Genistein
1. Applied in the field of health care products and supplement field as raw material, genistein powder can be used as beauty care products for women and also it can prevent blood diseases and cancer.
2. Genistin can be used in food field.
3. Genistin can be used in cosmetic field.
Package & Storage
1. 1-5kg with double plastic container inside/aluminum foil bag outside. 10kg with double plastic container inside/carton outside. 25kg with double plastic container inside/fiber drum outside or it is at your option.
2. Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from moisture and strong light/heat.
3. Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation.
Transport & Payment
1. Small package sent by EMS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.
2. Cargo sent by Air or By Sea is all available.
3. Payment available for Western Union, T/T, Paypal, etc.
1. Plant extraction manufactory with factory covers an area of 35000 square maters.
2. Meet your special demand of product specification and demands on capsules, softgels, tablets and powder blendings.
3. Certificates: ISO9001, Kosher, Halal, ISO9001, HACCP, QS, NOP and Chinese Health Food GMP, etc.
4. Our purpose: provide you product with best quality, excellent service and prompt delivery with over 15 years' production and research experiences in high quality natural ingredients.
5. Rich experiences on export business; the products and services have been widely accepted by clients of USA, Europe and Australia, etc.
Every year, our team attends many industry related exhibitions around the world, such as CPHI in Shanghai, China and Spain, Vitafood in Switzerland, Engredea/NPEW in the USA, etc.